- This event has passed.
November 9, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm CSTFree
Adobe Photoshop is the industry-standard tool for digital image editing. In this workshop, students learn how to navigate the Photoshop interface, apply the fundamentals of digital photo correction and incorporate different tools and techniques to create a poster.
After completing this workshop, learners will know:
- The basics of the Photoshop interface including Tools, Panels, and Layers
- The control/modifier keys (Alt/Option, Cmd/Ctrl, Shift) and when to use them
- What Adjustment Layers are and why we use them
- What pixel dimensions and image resolution are
- The difference between RGB and CMYK color modes
and will be able to:
- Navigate the Photoshop interface
- Create selections with the Quick Selection tool
- Apply and Edit Layer Masks
- Add and edit text with the Type tool
- Save and export documents in a variety of formats.
|Audience||Anyone interested in learning the basics of editing images using Adobe Photoshop|
|Prerequisites||Basic Computing Skills|
Note: Workshops may only be attended by students currently enrolled at UW-Madison. Faculty, staff, and former students are not eligible to attend STS sessions.